Cinco de Mayo - is there a more delicious holiday?! I think not! What better to way to start the celebrating, than with these Taco Egg cups?
Eggs - wonderful eggs. We go through them constantly in our house - and I'm always looking for new and tasty recipes. Keeping lean proteins on hand is essential to staying on track with clean eating and these make a perfect breakfast, lunch, or snack!
Taco Egg Cups
1/2 pound cooked ground beef or turkey taco meat (Homemade Taco Seasoning)
3/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup sliced onion (red, white, or green)
large handful baby spinach
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (divided)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tin well with coconut oil or olive oil. (If you have silicone muffin liners, use those!)
2) Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (reserve 1/4 cup cheese!), making sure the eggs are whisked completely.
3) Using a soup ladle, spoon out the mixture evenly into the muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
4) Bake 15-20 minutes until eggs are cooked through and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5) Allow to cool completely and carefully remove from muffin tins. Makes 12 muffins.
Store in tightly sealed container in fridge for 3-4 days. One serving = 2 egg cups. Enjoy!
Stay tuned for weekly meal plans, recipes, and more - you can Subscribe via email , find me on